Larimer County Economic Players
Successful community economic development efforts involve a variety of partners working in close coordination. Following is a list of key economic development partners in Larimer County:
- Northern Colorado Economic Development Corporation. To be successful, communities need a lead organization. For the greater Fort Collins-Larimer County area, that is the Northern Colorado Economic Development Corporation (NCEDC). NCEDC coordinates manpower and finances for economic development, fields and services prospect inquires, develops collateral marketing material, coordinates with all other partners and manages the area's business retention and expansion program.
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber's economic development efforts are focused on supporting NCEDC, coordinating the Fort Collins portion of NCEDC's Business Retention and Expansion program and advocating for public policies that are conducive to a strong business climate.
- Rocky Mountain Innosphere. RMII is a business incubator. It provides entrepreneurial startup companies with resources such as subsidized facilities; assistance with raising capital; access and connections with academic and government institutions; a network of advisors and mentors, including several who are in residence; discounted professional service providers; and educational and networking opportunities for realizing business success.
- Colorado State University Office of Economic Development
- Colorado State University Research Foundation
- City of Fort Collins
- City of Loveland
- Larimer County