Green purchasing is buying products that are good for your employees' health and have a low environmental impact.
- Purchase materials with recycled content.
- Purchase Energy Star qualified equipment and appliances to conserve electricity and save money.
- Purchase items with little or no packaging and/or packaging with high recycled content (preferably reused packaging)
- Purchase eco-friendly, non-toxic cleaning and pest control products.
- Purchase furniture, equipment and materials used when possible, and exchange or donate unwanted materials.
- Rent, rather than purchase, equipment that is not used often.
- Consider the environmental impact of each product your business purchases to find a workable eco-friendly alternative.
- Environmental Defense Fund. Paper and Packaging Information and Resources for Corporations.
- EPA Guide to Environmentally Preferable Purchasing. This site has information for businesses about environmentally preferable purchasing and tools to calculate the costs and benefits of purchasing choices.
- Energy Star Purchasing and Procurement Resources. This site has green purchasing information on a variety of products.
- Special Offer/Rebate Locator for Energy Star Appliances. Here you'll find information about rebates being offered to purchase more energy efficient products.